#MenuMonday: Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
If you are having a more casual event and want to add a little zest to your menu then these Lime Chicken Soft Tacos are the perfect entree for you. They are flavorful and delicious, adding a unique taste to any event.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat-cubed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra ten minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly and make clean-up easier.
Yield: 10 servings
Total Time: 50 minutes
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these tasty Lime Chicken Soft Tacos!
Check back on http://www.bctent.com/blog/ every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!